Thursday, April 25, 2013

Be intense....

I have a busy life.

I am married with three kids (two under 6), I work full time in education for which I commute 50km a day (approximately for 2 hours a day, I love traffic), with frequent after hours responsibilities with students and staff. I train 3 times a week in the Martial Arts, twice a week in the gym pushing iron and I am an active Freemason with membership in several orders. To round it off, I am also studying a Postgraduate Theological qualification at University.

Looking at that I am amazed that I even got one of my magical goals completed, let alone starting to create the system I have been working on over the last 18 months. The system itself is going okay and is focused on using experiences from outside of 'magic', harnessing it, and using it at a later date in a ritual/magical manner. For example, attending a Masonic ritual and using the energy or intent of the ritual after the event in a more focused way in a magical ritual to achieve my goals.

But my post today is not about my system. Or magic per say.

It is about being intense and getting the most out of life as you humanly can.

I have a lot of commitments, my wife and I often joke about how we have to cheat on our other commitments to spend time together, our discussions about our days are fleeting things, captured in the time between going to bed and the end of a cup of Milo after tucking in the kids/finishing working. We go out to dinner with each other now and then and often go for walks and do other things together. It's not a totally absent relationship, but our lives are balanced against our other interests.

I love it. I wouldn't want my life to be any other way. I don't want to live my life by the "Keep Calm" memes floating around the interwebs, I want to go full pelt and smash life in the face (in an intellectually appropriate way of course). I will do well at my job, complete challenging studies, be a loving husband and an engaged Dad who plays with his kids all the time.

My magic allows this, it enhances my awesome life and gives me energy, insight and opportunities to live it the way I want to. I am grateful to it, my teachers and those I interact with both in the physical and not.

I am content. I am powerful. I am at peace.

Pax

MvdV

No comments:

Post a Comment